September 14, Day of Caring 2012!
The sun always shines on the Day of Caring, and today is no exception. What is new this year is that, for the first time, we used our new technology HandsOn Connect to help us manage the event. We are grateful to our pilot companies and agencies who worked hard to learn a new method of managing volunteer sign-ups. We are happy to report that through the use of new technology, many connections between local employees and nonprofit organizations have been made.
Here is a sampling of the work that will be accomplished through our Day of Caring volunteers:
- Division Avenue will be "dressed up" just in time for ArtPrize. Several hundred mums will decorate the Avenue thanks to BDO, NextGen United Way, and Farmers Insurance.
- The Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired will receive a fresh coat of paint, courtesy of Fifth Third.
- Third graders will be treated to a day at the Children's Museum and Public Library with a one-on-one adult mentor from Amway.
- Bissell will partner with Job Corb to maintain trails at Blandford Nature Center.
- Wood floors will be redone at the Domestic Crisis Center by skilled workers from Steelcase.
We are grateful for our many corporate friends who are dedicated to service to our community and to the many nonprofits who open their doors to help people understand the needs in our community and make a significant difference.
Here are some additional quick facts about the day:
Number of Companies: 17
Number of Agencies: 38
Number of Projects: 54
Number of Volunteers: 1000!