Give Us a Date -- Seeking Group Volunteer Opportunities for Our Calendar
One of the great things about such a civically-minded community as Grand Rapids -- there is never a shortage of volunteers seeking to serve. The Volunteer Center receives requests on a regular basis from companies and groups looking for volunteer projects.
Sometimes, the perfect team project presents itself on our HandsOn Connect Volunteer Opportunity Calendar. But, at other times, the calendar is bare. And that is why we'd like to call upon our friends to help us fill the calendar with great group projects.
We're asking all current and any new organizations to consider your on-going volunteer needs, special projects, or events and create a one-time (date-specific) volunteer opportunity to share on the calendar.
Benefits of creating one-time volunteer opportunities for corporate teams and other groups:
- Bring new friends into your organization
- Educate potential donors about your cause
- Draw on additional volunteers to enhance your services
Suggestions for one-time projects or activities:
- Host events for clients or donors
- Prepare or serve meals on a one-time or reoccurring basis
- Schedule work parties to complete tasks such as painting, landscaping and other improvement projects
- Holiday and seasonal events or activities (toy distributions, holiday parties, etc
- List your volunteer orientations, tours or informational meeting dates (while not a "project" - it's a great way for potential volunteer groups to meet your organization and get their feet wet)
Not registed on HandsOn Connect? We'd love to have you join us! Learn more here.